Following Government guidance, risk assessment and stricter safety measures we have put in place, we can provide treatments for patients with a healthcare need.
We have re-opened and have only been treating existing patients as we understand their medical history, needs and medical requirements. We are continuing to offer virtual consultations to all patients who need reviews and support during this period. However, we are now beginning to offer a pre-screening consultation to new patients to assess suitability for treatment prior to any visit to the Clinic; these pre-screenings are monitored by a healthcare professional and the patient will only be invited in for a face-to-face consultation if they are suitable.
The day-to-day operation of the Clinic is different to what you are used to. Safety has been, and always will be, in the forefront of our minds and changes and up-dates to our protocols have been made to make sure that this continues.
One of the things you’ll notice is that we’ll be operating with minimal staffing levels to comply with government guidance and due to additional COVID-19 sanitising routines we may be a little more restricted in the number of appointments we will be offering each day.
These practices may be subject to change and the Clinic reserves the right to refuse treatment.
There will be some further operational changes which we have laid out below to make your time with us run as smoothly and safely as possible, with minimal contact with staff and other clients. Please remember that although strict, these points are in place to protect you and our team:
1. Pre-booked Appointment only. We will only be seeing you if you have an appointment. We insist that you do not come to the Clinic without booking an appointment via the email firstname.lastname@example.org or the main phone line 01727 837429. We regret that you will not be allowed access to the building without a pre arranged appointment.
2. For those of you who require products only, we will prepare these for you, you will prepay and be given an appointment time to collect from the Clinic; we will only be posting products once a week at this moment in time.
3. If you have had a fever, dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste and/or smell, a runny nose, diarrhoea, a rash or have been tested positive for ACTIVE COVID-19 in the last 7 days, please do not come to the Clinic. Equally, if you have been in contact with someone with any of the above, we again ask that you do not come to the Clinic.
4. Prior to your appointment, patients will be emailed a Consent Form and COVID-19 Notice, both of which you need to read and agree to prior to treatment. When attending your appointment, you will be asked to sign electronically prior to any treatment taking place, so please ensure that you have received and read this prior to your attending. Please do check your spam/junk mail and contact us ASAP if you have not received these documents.
5. We understand that some of you have not previously offered us your email but for us to be able to communicate with you efficiently we will need this information and your consent to use so we are able to process your appointment.
6. Please do not bring anyone with you to the Clinic. We will not have the space to accommodate them and they will need to wait away from the Clinic. If you cannot leave your children, please rearrange your appointment to another time when you can.
7. In keeping with current Government guidelines, you will be expected to wear a face mask or face covering when attending the Clinic for your appointment until instructed otherwise during your treatment. If you have your own non-latex disposable gloves it is also a good idea to wear those to your appointment.
8. You must arrive for your appointment on time. If you are late, we will not be able to see you. It is important to not arrive early as you will not be able to wait in the Clinic. We have limited the number of people that can be in the Clinic at any one time, and the waiting room is not being used as normal.
9. When you enter the Clinic, we will check your temperature using a digital laser scanner.
10. Do not take paracetamol prior to coming to your appointment as this could reduce any potential peak in temperature.
11. If you have a fever/raised temperature, we will ask you to return home and contact NHS 111. You will not be charged for your appointment and we will rearrange it for when we know it is safe to do so.
12. Please use the hand sanitisers available to you upon entering the building and proceed to the treatment room with your practitioner. Use the hand sanitiser before you leave the clinic.
13. The waiting room is not being used for now. Therefore, we advise it is important for you not to arrive late/early for your appointment or to come with others. Additionally, we will not be able to accommodate any shopping bags that you bring with you; we ask that you only bring a single, essential bag with you as these can be an infection hazard.
14. Should you require the use of the toilet, please use the wipes provided to wipe down anything you may have touched or come into contact with after you have finished and dispose of them in the bin provided. These wipes cannot be flushed down the toilet.
15. Staff PPE: To prepare you in advance, the staff in the reception area will be wearing PPE gloves and a surgical mask or a full-face visor. Front of House staff are there to help make your journey with us safe.
Jane, Natalia, Anna, and Dr Crichlow will be wearing a disposable apron, scrubs, gloves and a mask and full-face visors always whilst you are with them.
16. Reception staff will not be able to take any payments on the day of your appointment and will not be able to have extended conversations with you as they usually love doing. Once you leave the Clinic, the team will call you that day to rebook any review needed or further treatment. It is important for you to rebook this way as we cannot see you without an appointment.
17. You will need to ensure that full payment is made in advance of your appointment. Therefore, we will only perform the treatment that you have requested, booked and paid for. Our receptionist will check what treatment(s) and what products you require when making your booking; this cannot be changed on the day due to the new restrictions. We can bring you back on another convenient day for any additional treatments you may require. If in doubt about what your requirements are, your practitioner is more than happy to discuss this with you at a prearranged time by phone or Zoom.
18. All payments will need to be made 48 hours before your appointment and we do ask you to kindly be prompt with this as we will not have the staff available to follow-up with you about your payments; if this is not adhered to we regret that your appointment will be cancelled and we’ll need to rearrange this for you.
19. After each client visits us, we will perform our enhanced COVID-19 cleaning regime which includes disinfecting all surfaces in preparation for the next client. This safety measure restricts the amount of time that will be available each day for appointments. We will try to find you the most suitable appointment possible when booking and thank you in advance for your patience during this unusual time.
20. The biggest restriction to us all is that we cannot spend lots of time with you as we normally would do during your treatment. As you know, we usually like to spend time catching up with you, but you will appreciate that this is not possible and we must have safety protocols in place to protect you and our staff.
We will monitor updates for modification on PPE and infection control and action as appropriate.
We will be performing infection control audits.
You may notice that we have additional safety measures when compared to some other types of businesses and shops you visit. These measures are in place because we are offering you medical treatments. Due to the nature of the services we offer you, as well as being a CQC registered facility, we have a duty to offer you these services in a safe setting. From a personal point of view, we care that you remain safe and well, and the same for our hard-working team.
Your safety and the safety of staff is paramount and so please make sure you respect and follow these instructions to help us protect you and others. If you have any questions with any aspect of the Clinic policy, then please contact the Clinic and I will do my best to help you.
Equally, if you have constructive feedback about these changes following your appointment, we would love for you to give us a call to discuss, as we are always wanting to improve.
We want you to feel safe, cared for and respected knowing that these measures are in place.
My staff and I would like to thank you for your loyalty and support. We thank you in advance for helping us to help you and our staff stay safe and comfortable.
Jane Lewis MD
The Skin to Love Clinic