Following Government guidance, risk assessment and stricter safety and control measures we have put in place, we can provide treatments for patients.
We re-opened in July and our strict screening and protocols are in place to minimise risk to all staff and patients. Patients are offering feedback that they have been reassured by the level of safety during their visit but we understand that some patients will still be anxious and so we are continuing to offer virtual consultations to patients who prefer to have consultations with us in this way. We are able to offer a pre-screening consultation to new patients to assess suitability for treatment prior to any visit to the Clinic; these pre-screenings are monitored by a healthcare professional and the patient will only be invited in for a face-to-face consultation if they are suitable.
The day-to-day operation of the Clinic is different to what you are used to. Safety has been, and always will be, in the forefront of our minds and changes and up-dates to our protocols have been made to make sure that this continues.
To comply with government guidance and due to additional COVID-19 sanitising routines we may be a little more restricted in the number of appointments we will be offering each day so we would advise you to book your follow up appointments in advance.
These practices may be subject to change and the Clinic reserves the right to refuse treatment.
There will be some further operational changes which we have laid out below to make your time with us run as smoothly and safely as possible, with minimal contact with staff and other clients. Please remember that although strict, these points are in place to protect you and our team:
1. Pre-booked Appointment only. We will only be seeing you if you have an appointment. We regret that you will not be allowed access to the building without a pre-arranged appointment.
2. For those of you who require products only, we will prepare these for you, you will prepay and be given an appointment time to collect from the Clinic.
3. If you have had a fever, dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste and/or smell, a runny nose, diarrhoea, a rash or have been tested positive for ACTIVE COVID-19 in the last 7 days, please do not come to the Clinic. Equally, if you have been in contact with someone with any of the above, we again ask that you do not come to the Clinic.
4. Prior to your appointment, patients will be emailed a Consent Form and COVID-19 Notice, both of which you need to have read and agreed to, prior to treatment. When attending your appointment, you will be asked to sign a Covid-19 consent form prior to any treatment taking place, so please ensure that you have received and read this prior to your attending. Please do check your spam/junk mail and contact us ASAP if you have not received these documents.
5. From 24th September 2020, businesses are now required by law to display the official NHS QR code posters, so clients can check-in at different premises using the Covid-19 app; staff will guide you to these posters upon arrival at the Clinic. To help control the spread of coronavirus and protect ourselves and others, if you haven’t already done so, we would urge you to download the NHS Covid-19 app to your mobile device prior to attending your appointment, further details of which you can find here. If you have an Apple phone, you can download the app from the Apple App Store. If you have an Android phone, download it from Google. Note that if using an Apple device, you will need to update to iOS 13.5 in order to download and use the application.
6. We understand that some of you have not previously offered us your email but for us to be able to communicate with you efficiently we will need this information and by giving us your email you give us permission to contact you in this way.
7. Please do not bring anyone with you to the Clinic. If you cannot leave your children, please rearrange your appointment to another time when you can.
8. In keeping with current Government guidelines, you will be expected to wear a face mask or face covering when attending the Clinic.
9. You must arrive for your appointment on time. If you are late, we will not be able to see you.
10. When you enter the Clinic, we will check your temperature using a digital laser scanner.
11. Do not take paracetamol prior to coming to your appointment as this could reduce any potential peak in temperature.
12. If you have a fever/raised temperature, we will ask you to return home and contact NHS 111.
13. Hand sanitiser is available to you upon entering the building and you will be asked to use the hand sanitiser before you leave the clinic.
14. The waiting room is not being used for now. Therefore, we advise it is important for you not to arrive late/early for your appointment or to come with others. We ask that you only bring a single, essential bag with you as these can be an infection hazard.
15. Staff PPE: To prepare you in advance, the staff in the reception area will be wearing PPE gloves and a surgical mask or a full-face visor. Jane, Natalia and Anna will be wearing a disposable apron, scrubs, gloves, a mask and full-face visor at all times, whilst you are with them.
16. You will need to ensure that full payment is made in advance of your appointment.
17. Reception staff will not be able to take payments on the day of your appointment unless by prior arrangement. Before you leave the Clinic, the team will rebook any review needed or further treatment. It is important for you to rebook in this way, as we cannot see you without an appointment.
Card payments are preferable going forward; these will be taken over the phone, as we have done in the past.
18. After each client visits us, we will perform our enhanced COVID-19 cleaning regime. This safety measure restricts the amount of time that will be available each day for appointments.
19. The biggest restriction to us all is that we cannot spend lots of time with you as we normally would do during your treatment but you will appreciate that this is not possible and we must have safety protocols in place to protect you and our staff.
We will perform ongoing risk assessments and monitor updates for modification on PPE and infection control and action as appropriate.
You may notice that we have additional safety measures when compared to some other types of businesses and shops you visit. These measures are in place because we are offering you medical treatments. Due to the nature of the services we offer you, as well as being a CQC registered facility, we have a duty to offer you these services in a safe setting. From a personal point of view, we care that you and the hardworking staff remain safe and well.
Your safety and the safety of staff is paramount and so please ensure you respect and follow these instructions to help us protect you and others. If you have any questions with any aspect of the Clinic policy, then please contact the Clinic and I will do my best to help you.
We want you to feel safe, cared for and respected knowing that these measures are in place.
My staff and I would like to thank you for your loyalty and support. We thank you in advance for helping us to help you and our staff stay safe and comfortable.
Jane Lewis MD
The Skin to Love Clinic